A reflection on privilege, scamming, and #Girlbossing.
Last week to kick off this two-part special, we explored the culture, economy, and education systems that built the millennial generation. If you haven't heard the first episode yet, I recommend going back to start with that first (https://link.chtbl.com/022a2-MX).
Today, we’re digging into how “financial literacy” shifts reality on its axis, who the “winners” and “losers” are in our economic era, and why scamming has become a quintessential millennial pastime (Fyre Festival, anyone?). To top things off, we’ve got a super thought-provoking conversation with Gaby Dunn of Bad with Money fame (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bad-with-money-with-gaby-dunn/id1144712710).
It’s a veritable Magic School Bus ride through the wild terrain of 21st century America: Even the centimillionaire megachurch preachers and girlbosses squeezed into tiny seats and threw spitballs for a few stops.
Mentioned in the Episode
- Listen to Money with Katie here: https://www.podpage.com/money-with-katie-show/
- Read Money with Katie: https://moneywithkatie.com/
Follow Money with Katie!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moneywithkatie/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/moneywithkatie
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@moneywithkatie
Subscribe to Morning Brew
- Sign up for free today: https://bit.ly/morningbrewyt
Follow The Brew!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/morningbrew/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MorningBrew
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@morningbrew