Reaganomics, the prosperity gospel, and the pedestalization of the ultra-rich.
It turns out Americans have been asking the wrong question: It's not, “What’s the difference between the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots,’” but rather…“How did those in the 0.1% end up having it all?”
To paraphrase my guest, entrepreneur and venture capitalist Nick Hanauer (https://nickhanauer.com/), “How do [rich people like me] manage to grab an ever-increasing piece of the pie? Is it because rich people are smarter than we were 30 years ago? Is it that we’re working harder than we once did? Are we taller? Better-looking? Sadly, no. It all comes down to one thing: economics.”
My thesis? Capitalism is the economic system that creates wealth, and good economic policy is what ensures that all that wealth doesn’t accrue to a very small group of people.
Learn more about our sponsor, Vin Social: http://vinsocialvip.com/.
Transcripts can be found at https://www.podpage.com/money-with-katie-show/.
Mentioned in the Episode
Follow Along at Money with Katie: https://moneywithkatie.com/
Follow Money with Katie!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moneywithkatie/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/moneywithkatie
Subscribe to Morning Brew
- Sign up for free today: https://bit.ly/morningbrewyt
Follow The Brew!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/morningbrew/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MorningBrew
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@morningbrew